Saturday, April 3, 2021

C - Children's - #AtoZChallenge

I love a good story. Stories are some of my most favoritest things. My Mom says I have always liked stories. When I was very little, my dad would read to me every night when I went to bed.

I would always be sad when the story was over. I wanted to hear more.

When we went to Grandpa's house, he always had great stories about when he was a little rabbit. I loved to listen to what he used to do when he was my age. My mom says his stories are too long and sometimes not appropriate. I don't know what that means. I love all of them.

When I got older, I started to go to school. The best part of the day was when the teacher pulled out a book. Those books always had some great stories.


I just couldn't get enough stories. I heard every story in the whole world. One day, I was feeling sad because I had no more stories to hear. My mom and dad had read me every book in the house and all the books at the library. I like to hear some stories again, but that day I wanted a new one.

My dad said, "Why don't you make your own story?"

 

My dad made things all the time, but they weren't stories. He just made pictures. I like pictures, but stories are better. I decided if I wanted to have a new story, I would have to make one myself. So, I got to work.

 


For days, I worked on my story. I didn't do anything else. I wrote lots of words and even made some pictures like my dad does. All the best books have pictures anyway. I worked very hard.

When I was done, Mom sent my story away to have it made into a real book. She said we could keep it for always if it had a cover on it. It was gone forever. But one day it came back.

 

 

The postman said he had been watching for me. He ran straight to my house the day he saw it. I was so excited even though I already knew the story.


 

I loved it. Mom said it was the best story she had ever read, so I gave myself a prize. This is my story.



 
All this month, I am participating in the A to Z Challenge. A new post will go up every day (except Sundays) using a letter of the alphabet as the starting off point. My theme for the month is literary genres. I am writing in a different genre of flash fiction each day. Today's letter is C for Children's.

All Art for this post was by Tanner Garlick!

20 comments:

  1. A simply delightful story, and the artwork is a perfect accompaniment!

    Here's my C!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a lot of fun. I had the pictures first and built the story around them.

      Delete
  2. Great story and pictures. It's such a joy when the kids choose to have me read them a story book, and there are so many good ones out there to choose form.
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/03/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-c/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my best to instill this in my kids. I devour books. I never understood how someone cannot love them.

      Delete
  3. "I heard every story in the whole world!" ...oh, the innocence of childhood.
    Hopefully somewhere there's a kid - nieces, nephews, Noah, that kid in that restaurant that once - who remembers me reading to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do. Moses needs to keep Noah's memory up.

      Delete
  4. Delightful story and artwork. Nice tie in to Easter.

    Returning visit for A to ... AJ Blythe - Poisons and stories of their use

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only is that easy to write a book but maybe it's easy for some people. Great illustrations.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great, wouldn't it?

      I had the advantage of finding the pictures first. Then, I molded a story to fit the pictures I had.

      Delete
  6. Aw, such a sweet story. Nothing like having the actual book to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    this made me smile - and that is a good thing!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I landed on your blog via your comment on Yamini's post.
    Nice little story here :-) Very nice images too.
    My father used to tell me stories. I remember Leo Tolstoy's stories adapted for children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. I have always loved a good story.

      Delete
  9. I love this, it's great that it's about bunnies, writing, and mostly the art is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I could claim credit for the illustrations.

      Delete
  10. Awww man! That's some heartwarming fuzzy bunny goodness here!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.