Friday, April 22, 2016

R is for Remembering

As a participant in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I will be making my way through the alphabet all month.



I got a little behind this week and could write today's post ahead of time like I have all the other posts. Therefore, I have the opportunity to change what I was going to write about. R is now for remembering.

Prince died today.

I walked into the break room at work to this on the tv screen. At first glance, I thought it said the Prince of Death had come to Minnesota. That would be scary, but then I saw that they were talking about the death of Prince.

Now, I am not one of those people who gets all teary-eyed over the death of a celebrity. I never knew him. I wouldn't even say I was a big fan, but I did like his music and it was all over the place in my teenage years. I found his songs bouncing around in my head for the rest of the work day.

I guess I am feeling a bit nostalgic. I wish the best for his family in this time of mourning and I think I'm going to go watch Purple Rain.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm saddened that he had no children to carry on his legacy, or if it is fitting that his impossible, diverse talent dies with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celebrity children are generally just fodder for extreme dysfunction anyway.

      Delete
    2. True. And no guarantee they would have the talent or live up to it.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.