Friday, April 8, 2016

G is for Gamer


As a participant in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I will be making my way through the alphabet all month.



I LOVE VIDEO GAMES!!!

Love them. I love them. They're so much fun. I love the racing games. I love the shooting games. I love the puzzle games. I love the fighting games. I love the mystery games. I love the trivia games. I love the skill games. I love the strategy games. I love the music games. I love the sports games. I love the horror games. I love killing zombies, aliens, witches, monsters, bugs, enemy soldiers, mutants, hookers, drug dealers, cab drivers, pedestrians, hairdressers, school teachers, babysitters and meter maids. (In some games, you can just kill everybody.)

These are just my discs. I have about 80 more on my XBOX hard drive.


A video game has a way of sucking you into its world even more than a good movie.  A game that's made well isn't an adventure that you watch on the screen You are part of it. When playing a scary game, it is so much more scary to have to be the person who opens the door than just watching the protagonist open it. When you have to solve the mystery yourself, it is so much more satisfying than just watching it play out on the screen. I love these games and have spent hundreds of hours guiding Lara Croft through endless crypts over the years. And watching her butt as she does it.

As much as I love these games, we don't really spend much time together. I played a game two days ago for about an hour and it was the first game I had played in over two months. I just don't have the time any more and any time I do consider playing, I can always think of something else I should probably be doing instead. Adult responsibility sucks.

8 comments:

  1. I wish you could play more, because it gives you such joy! And doesn't make you fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. If I can get the money flowing where I stay at home, I will play more.

      Delete
  2. There's no way I could even count how many games my kids have. Although DH and I met in an online RPG back in the stone age, FB games are more my speed. My eldest tried to talk me through a Avatar computer game...it was not pretty. :p

    LuAnn (approx #369 on the list) @ Back Porchervations.
    (and one of co-host AJ Lauer's #wHooligans)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was into the computer games and online multi-player when I was in college. I just stick with the console games now. They are as involved, but don't have the learning curve as some of the more complex games.

      Delete
  3. Never was a gamer myself but my boys all have been off and on throughout their lives. They all still love N64.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter wouldn't let go of her N64. I believe she still has it.

      Delete
  4. Hubby and the boys play games. I play solitaire once in a while, does that count. No, probably not. I prefer to read if I have down time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. No. I can't count that. I do a lot more reading than gaming. Probably always will.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.