Thursday, April 14, 2016

L is for Loophole

As a participant in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I will be making my way through the alphabet all month.



It's been observed by some that I rarely let the the rules get in the way of what I want to do. Once I get an idea of something that might be fun, I want to do it. Who wouldn't want to? However, every now and then, I hit some sort of policy or legal obstacle. And we have been taught since childhood that obstacles are merely an opportunity to develop character and our advanced problem-solving skills.

I don't typically go out of my way to break the rules. I just don't pay much attention to them when they get in my way. Here are some rules I consider optional:
  • Jaywalking laws - I'm a grown man and can cross a street without endangering myself.
  • No Photography - If you don't want a picture taken of something, keep it hidden.
  • No Trespassing - Sometimes the thing I want to see is behind a fence. Or a locked door. Or in a safe.
  • Law of Gravity - Situations occur sometimes that require finding out how high the bike/car/baby can get.
  • Do Not Enter - This is one that is just begging for trouble. I have to know what is so secretive and will find out.
  • Public Decency laws - It's a big thrill to be naked in places where you are not supposed to be.
I don't seek out these rules just so I can break them, but sometimes the very existence of a rule makes me curious and I just have to see it played out.

10 comments:

  1. I never understood the yellow light law. Are you supposed to stop or speed up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. And not much time to make that decision either.

      Delete
  2. If you run for political office I volunteer to be your campaign manager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to do that. We need a lot less rules.

      Delete
    2. I want to "like" Shawn's comment.

      Delete
  3. Funny!! I am the opposite. I am a strict follower of the rules. I am so boring. Your blog was recommended to me by a lovely lady named Red!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, me too! He has opened me up to a whole new world... and I now have a heart condition. Coincidence? (probably)

      Delete
    2. She is a lovely lady. We would be happy to push your boundaries a little.

      Delete
  4. pssshhh... jaywalking.
    I've been with you for some of the trespassing and you're right, usually if you're caught they just tell you to leave. No biggie.

    The nudity is exhilirating, though.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.