The owner opened 5 other restaurants before he opened this one.
I know. Boring. I was hoping it was something more interesting, like:
- It was the sixth attempt at passing health code regulations and this was the first one to succeed.
- The owner kept opening restaurants to give to his homely daughters that would never find husbands and this was for daughter number six.
- The previous five restaurants had been destroyed by ninjas to avenge the theft of a General Tsao chicken recipe.
- Six Buddhist monks are sworn to protect against the Mongols now that the restaurant has installed a Mongolian barbecue. The descendants of Genghis Khan are not happy.
|Adam convinced her to pose for a picture.|
I don't think she ever really understood
what he wanted.
Waitress: What to drink?
Adam: Mountain Dew.Waitress (to me): You?
Me: What do you have?Waitress: You want soda?
Me: I quit drinking soda. What do you have?Waitress: Sorry. Say again?
Me: What do you have?Waitress: Drink. You want what?
Me: Do you have a menu?Waitress: Mountain Dew
Me: No, no. Menu
Waitress: OK (walks away)
On her return she brings Adam's his Mountain Dew and I get a Pepsi. It may not have been what I ordered, but I guarantee she will never let it go empty. She keeps it full. She is a very good waitress, even if she does not speak the language of her customers.
The end of the meal comes and we receive our fortune cookies. I pull mine out and it says:
That's great. Everyone wants good luck and the Chinese are telling me that it is going to happen. They are also saying that it is going to happen soon. In the spring. The first day of spring was less than 6 weeks ago. The middle of June will see the end of spring, so my good luck is about to happen quickly.
Am I going to win the lottery? Probably not, since I don't play the lottery. Is a rich relative going to die and leave me their fortune. No, none of my family has any real money. Is my blog going to explode with growth, get a million new followers, be discovered by a world renowned literary agent and I get buckets of cash thrown at me? It could happen.
I carried this fortune in my wallet to keep it in mind and not take any little blessings for granted. Here is what has happened since I received this fortune.
- I ended up in the emergency room for my shoulder pain again. BAD LUCK. However, this visit led to a discovery of the issue causing these pains. I have started treatment to prevent further injury. GOOD LUCK.
- Reaching the end of the semester in graduate school, I have a 4.0 average. GOOD LUCK...and hard work on my part. I am only giving luck so much credit.
- This week I was offered a position as office manager of a new business opening in town this summer. I accepted the job. GOOD LUCK.
- Regular followers of my blog know that I have been talking to Red for the last few months. A few days ago, she moved. This move brought her 750 miles closer than she was before. GOOD LUCK.
It has been a good spring and I anticipate it to be followed up by a great summer. Part of the great summer will involve more trips to the China Buffet #6...maybe I can bring Red there sometime.