Monday, June 15, 2020

I Want It Now!

I think I'm ready to get a dog.

No. I know I'm ready. I've wanted a dog for the last year, but I just haven't gotten one yet. I've been concerned about the commitment of having a pet. So, I have stalled.

However, I have been coming more to the realization that my wife and I are home most of the time. This is the thing I have been most concerned about. What do you do with your dog when you leave the house? I don't just mean for the day, but weekend excursions or even longer trips. I never want to be one of those people who burden others with having to take care of their animals while we are jet-setting around having fun.

As I have been mulling these thoughts over, something happened.

We got new neighbors. And they have a puppy.

The other day I got caught sticking my fingers through their front gate to play with the puppy. I told the owner how much I had been thinking about getting one. He said that I could borrow his any time I wanted. So, I took it home for the morning.





This is Miss Magoo and she lives across the street. And now after a morning of playing with her, I need my own TODAY.

I'm in Vietnam and am still learning how things work, so I need to find the local vet and get some other doggy-care questions answered but it is happening. If my wife and I ever take a longer trip, we will just have to figure it out.

I already love my new doggy.

8 comments:

  1. I know you'll take care of it, so I'm on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neighbors have a dog... That they let you "borrow"... Perhaps they'd be open to a swap. You watch their dog when they're gone, they watch yours when you are. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a dog too. I've got a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up always having several dogs. I think it's time to start again.

      Delete
  4. Maybe you and your neighbor could swap doggie sitting? If you socialize the two pups they'll be best buddies :)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.