Thursday, April 29, 2021

X - Crossover - #AtoZChallenge

Remember that movie where John Travolta plays a 1950's greaser and he has to sing in almost every scene. He wasn't much of a singer, but coming off of Saturday Night Fever, we knew he could dance. So, he gets the girl he's trying to woo to go to prom with him and things go well for a while until he starts dancing with Beatrix Kiddo at Jack Rabbit Slims. It was a good night, but he learns she is an addict, stabs her in the chest and puts her in the car. Then Susan Sarandon jumps in the car and they drive off into the desert for a lesbian fantasy life of no regrets until the car plummets into a ravine in the Grand Canyon. Maverick and Goose (flying inverted) see the car fly past their jet and mistake it for enemy aircraft. Maverick (played by Will Smith) spins the jet around accidentally ejecting and killing Goose in the process. In anguish from losing his best friend, he shoots the already falling car and then jumps out to attack it physically. When he gets to the wreckage, one of the women with a long ugly face (disfigured from the crash) comes out and he punches her in the face. Only to discover she was not disfigured, it was only Sarah Jessica Parker. He throws her in a sleeping bag and drags her across the desert until he runs into Uncle Eddie from Christmas Vacation who takes him to meet the creepy scientist from The Fly, Seth Brundle. Brundle takes her back to this crazy dinosaur park where Newman from Seinfeld works as a mailman and they nurse her back to health before Starlord uses her as bait to train velociraptors to steal the Infinity Stone.

I love that movie. The wrong movies get Oscars.


 
All this month, I am participating in the A to Z Challenge. A new post will go up every day (except Sundays) using a letter of the alphabet as the starting off point. My theme for the month is literary genres. I am writing in a different genre of flash fiction each day. Today's letter is X for Crossover.

I know that's not really a genre, but can you come up with one?

14 comments:

  1. 😳
    I think we need to take away your Netflix for a few days.
    🤣

    Remember when Goose came back to life and became a doctor in Chicago? But his best friend moved to Seattle and probably got a job at Seattle Grace Mercy Death, but we never saw him because the partner lawyer from Ally McBeal gets the screen time. Meanwhile, back at that Chicago ER, three people from Stars Hallow show up, but no one calls them Paris, Dean, or Rory Gilmore! And that ER must be on the West Wing of the hospital, considering how many people who later work there were first patients or family of patients in that place.
    (This could go on for a REALLY long time considering how many celebrities and future stars were on ER at some point.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered that Goose was on ER later, but I never actually watched the show so I decided to skip over that part. I didn't feel that I could do it any justice.

      But you are good at this. Lots of crossovers everywhere.

      Delete
  2. OMG this cut off half my comment! 😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crossover mash-up! One day someone will make this movie!
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/29/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-y/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a test? Do we have to name all the allusions you made? Someone should get a prize if they can do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like work. I'd have to go back and count them.

      Delete
  5. I guess you have just make your own genre. It's an interesting crossover of characters and storylines. I suppose it would make more sense to me if I actually saw all the movies mentioned here.

    Have a lovely day.

    My A-Z posts are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I just dumped a bunch of them together.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed this montage.
    I love letter X posts! Always such variety.
    It's hard to believe the alphabet part of the blogging challenge is over for 2021. Down to the after survey, reflections, and the "road trip" sign-up.
    Plus, I'm taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon in May. So much excitement!
    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming to visit me. This post was nothing like the rest of my posts for the month. I had nothing, so I cranked this out.

      I will have to look up the Bout of Books. I've never heard of it.

      Delete
  7. It's like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, but without the Bacon! But this would be exponentially longer if we went through and played six degrees with each actor mentioned.
    Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have gone on with this forever, but the joke had already played itself out.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! I wrote this for you.

If you would like to leave a comment, but do not have a Google account just click on the COMMENT AS: dropdown box and choose Name/URL or Anonymous.

But if you choose Anonymous, please let me know who you are unless you really do not want me to know.